Bread & Roses Members’
Commitment and Responsibilities Covenant
As members of Bread and Roses, we affirm our commitment to the chorus, to the music-making
process, and to one another.
We recognize that each individual member makes a unique contribution to the group,
and that when one of us is missing, the whole group is diminished.
We therefore agree to support the group, and one another in the following ways:
1. Arriving to rehearsal on time: prior to and prepared to sing by 5:45.
2. Attending rehearsals regularly to facilitate the music-making process for everyone.
3. Minimizing conversation during rehearsal time.
4. Personally notifying the director of all absences by:
• Marking planned absences on the attendance sheet circulated at rehearsals,
• Contacting the director via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Sunday,
• Phoning the director at: 815-895-5547 before 4:00 pm on Sundays to report
Please note: In recognition that one person’s absences affect the sound of the whole
group, we ask that members who miss three or more of the rehearsals before a
given performance consider withdrawing from that particular performance.
No one will be required to withdraw, but a member who misses many rehearsals should
carefully examine her readiness, and discuss the situation with the director.
5. Taking personal responsibility for learning all music in a timely fashion by:
• Attending rehearsal regularly
• Making up any missed rehearsals by reviewing Rehearsal Notes and recordings to
prepare music prior to the next rehearsal
• Contacting the appropriate section leader for assistance when needed.
First Sop Section Leader: Janet Pariza, 630-377-8412, email@example.com
Second Soprano Section Leader: Pat Vary, 815-762-1505, firstname.lastname@example.org
First Alto Section Leader: Susan Dorbeck, 815-756-1344, email@example.com
Second Alto Section Leader: Pam Birch, 630-443-6216, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Assisting with each concert through publicity, set up, and/or clean up.
7. Respecting each other’s individual differences and perspectives.
8. Supporting one another with our words and actions.
9. Encouraging new members who share our mission to join the group.