Interested in Joining?
Our rehearsal policy:
- Rehearsals are open to women who would love to sing an eclectic array of music and share this love with others.
- Some sight reading ability is highly desirable.
- No auditions are required, and we welcome all voice parts: soprano 1, soprano 2, alto 1, alto 2.
What we commit to:
- We abide by our Mission Statement
- We commit to our rehearsal and performance schedule for the year.
- We pay an annual dues of $30 which can be paid $15/semester.
- We value everyone’s opinions
- We sometimes need extra practice on our own – outside rehearsals.
- We attend a Tech/Dress rehearsal the week or day before a concert.
When & where we sing:
- Bread & Roses meets Sunday nights from 5:45 – 8:00pm at the Westminster Presbyterian Church: 830 N. Annie Glidden Road, DeKalb, IL 60115.
- Typically we perform 2 major concerts a year, in November or December, and April or May. These have so far tended to be on Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
- We take a break for a few weeks following these performances, and we take a couple months off over the summer.
- Occasionally we book small community performances.
Are you ready?
- Feel free to come and listen-in on a rehearsal to see if we’re the right group for you! Please contact us to coordinate a visit! email@example.com